Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I was around.



OK OK OK... I am back home after a long ass trip around the east coast. First I went to Philadelphia invited to judge the Mid Atlantic Leather Sir boy; by one of the sweetest guys in the Leather Community, Justin C. this kid worked so hard to have and excellent contest and he definitely did; the contestants were the finest you can find, the emcee Tyrannosaurus Regina was unbelievable, and the panel of judges were nothing less than extraordinary, the Philly stakes the best of the best! The Bike Shop what a great place, and the door man... woof! he is just a good excuse to come back to the place; boy what a man! I don't want to forget about the fish next door; you guys gotta go to the Bike Stop and ask about the fish next door (LOL)
Philadelphia is without a doubt a fascinating city, with small blocks, lots of history, and a great leather vibe, I had the chance to meet great people and to enjoy myself .
I wish the best to the new title holders and I know they will do well in the international contest next October.

So I came back home for few days; 3 I think... in no time, I was saying hello to my TSA friend Bob again, (he doesn't know he is my friend shhh), but he is always checking my ID at the gate; he is part of my trips, he is always there, therefore he is my new friend... This time I was on my way to New Orleans, DC, and back to Philly.

New Orleans, hot, steamy, Cajun, big ass bears, hurricanes, and lots of people, OMG a lil overwhelming at times, I stayed at very nice hotel in the French Quarter, me and DCW got to meet Shady, "I ain't got no fries..." so if you have the time stop by MCD's and say hello, just pay attention to the door guys asking for rides... fascinating!

ABW was a real gathering of Leather celebrities, the panel of judges was prime, from very important sources of the leather world in America though, so my respects and salutes to ALL of them. The contest was awesome my uncle (and his hair) emceed it just like no one else can, the producers were extraordinary, and the whole crew, the production, everything just right. The contestants blew my mind, especially the one with the aqua green eyes and reddish hair that was so extremely beautiful, and well spoken, I can see her cowgirl ass getting big big accomplishments in her life and in our community. Congratulations to the winners! btw that leg harness looked amazing on you Mr. ABW. The cute note of the weekend was that on Sunday night we all got together at a bar to celebrate the American Brotherhood Weekend, with fry chicken and good drinks, watching Miss Universe 2008 and my girl (Miss Venezuela) WON! I was so happy, YES! I made a big deal about it. It was something being in a leather event watching a beauty pageant, I guess we all love beauty queens don't we? ;)
On Monday, I was on my way to DC my aunt died after being sick for long time. R.I.P.
I spend time with my family in Fairfax, I went to the mall with my other aunt, she is so much fun to hang out with. The time with my family was short, I wish I could be there longer but my responsibility as IML was calling me again, I was coming back to Philly to be a judge for IDL what a treat!

Being around deaf people is a trip. I was more than once almost in tears of joy, looking around and hearing the loudness of their ASL the laugh, and the love there is between them, it was something! I am telling you being in the other side of the fence, where I couldn't understand their language, made me realize how much we are missing, but we are all humans, and we just can do so much right?... I was in another galaxy perhaps, were people can communicate with their eyes, with their hearts, with their souls, with ASL! What really really impress me was the blind/deaf community (God can you please explain why?) and this guys were having a blast a laughing, meanwhile I felt like this life we live is just extraordinary and sometimes we take for granted what God gave us...

The contest was so good, the emcee was so vivid and entertaining, that I forgot he was not speaking, OMG what a great weekend! (I got to see the bell and it's crack) My BFF was there with me the whole entire time and I enjoyed every minute of his company,(it's so good when I see my good friends) I'm looking forward to see him again, and spend some time in his new apartment in the middle of the capital.

Now back home, dealing with the reality of life again; one of my lil nephews just died, he was only 5 :( R.I.P. ... someone told me in Philly "life is only one, and we have to enjoy every minute of it"

I hope Mr. Rosi feels better soon, maybe we can fight over dumplings again in no time... you are the secret ingredient Po.

No comments: